Note: All links in this article are affiliate links.
Mouthguards like the “Shock Doctor Gel Max Power” are an essential part of the protective gear worn by sports enthusiasts and players. They provide the much-needed protection to the teeth and gums; thus, altogether avoiding any deep-seated injury. Just like a uniform equipped with protection makes unbreakable armor, the mouthguards are armor for their mouths.
Sports like rugby, basketball, judo, baseball, karate, boxing, MMA, etc. involve sparring enthusiasts who leave no stone unturned to defend the team and their honor. In such cases, the players can turn mean and vicious due to which they can cause harm to their opponents. Hence, it is better to be safe than sorry and keep a mouthguard in your kit.
Shock Doctor Gel Max Power Review
This brand is used widely and trusted piece by children and adults alike. Here are some of its features.
Material & Design
It is made of high-grade polymer with a gel coating, making it highly durable and reliable. Further, it is untethered, and the gel technology helps in modeling and molding according to the size of their mouths.
Degree of protection
It’s the first important feature of a mouthguard. This particular guard works as a triple-layered barrier system. The impenetrable hardcover can protect them from the toughest of the blow, and some nasty falls too.
Accessible and ease of use
The guard comes with an instruction manual that comes with step-by-step instructions on the usage. They need to be warmed and cooled appropriately before use so that they get malleable and can take up the shape of the mouth. The plastic form helps in improving the factor of breathability.
Some of the recommended types of games are football(rugby), boxing, roller skating (Derby championships), mixed martial arts, judo, karate, etc.
These sports include a list of possible injuries that can seriously turn into a grave concern. Hence, it’s always better to be armed and ready. It has been observed that it is highly beneficial as a sleep guard, as well. People use it overnight to avoid problems caused due to the grinding of teeth and clenching of the jawline.
The following steps should be strictly adhered to before its full-time use:
- Ensure that the mouthguard is placed in a heated vessel filled with water.
- Allow it to stand for a few minutes till the opening up of the structure can be observed.
- Next, transfer it to an empty dish where it is allowed to air-dry and then washed with lukewarm water.
- After cooling down, the guard is placed in the mouth, ensuring a comfortable grip and apparent movement allowed.
- Every piece of equipment has its advantages and limitations, which can be weighed out to help in their purchase.
- The ergonomic grip and mobility of the guard are highly appreciated, especially during the process of fitting. It can easily mold to the shape of their mouth with no issue of unnecessary wear and tear.
- Once correctly fit into the mouth, it doesn’t budge. The tight fit helps the player to focus on the game rather than on their guards. Thus, it doesn’t prove to be a distraction. Instead, it works as a beautiful device in terms of protection.
- The impact of the fall or the blow gets reduced to a far greater extent. The tensile nature of the material used to build it is a boon. The player can easily resist the harm caused by a wrong fall or a hard blow.
- It is very convenient to use and maintain, as well. Heating and subsequent cooling open up the structure and help in imparting flexibility. It just needs to be washed out with a block of mild soap and lukewarm water to keep it free from germs.
- The guard provides full coverage and maximum protection to the person wearing it. Some of them don’t cover the upper jaw, which isn’t the case with this one.
- It has immense value for the cost. Not only is it incredibly affordable, but it is also reliable. They need not worry about unnecessary losses incurred due to untimely injuries.
- There are breathable ducts that make it a viable option for all professional sportspersons. The coatings make them superior to the traditional ones.
- Problems with the size and fitting can arise if the instructions are not followed properly. Usually, people lose their patience looking at their small size.
- The ill-fitting due to improperly placed guards can lead to clenching of teeth and subsequent grinding. Such actions harm the position of the teeth and the placement of the jaw as well, especially in growing children.
- Children and adults can not use it with braces since their presence hampers the smooth functioning of the guards. It is preferable to look for other types of mouthguards supporting the presence of braces.
- They can turn out to be slightly uncomfortable when not fitted properly.
- There’s no protective case for the mouthguard but you can buy one separately.
Conclusion of Shock Doctor Gel Max Power Review
So, after taking a closer look at the pros and cons of the product, you can make a choice. This product can help you protect your teeth and mouth but you should pay attention and mold it perfectly.
Nobody would want to frequent the clinics due to irreversible damage or an irreparable injury. Using a mouthguard is easier and cheaper than that.
Anything foreign to the body takes time to get used to. So, it is essential to be patient and steadily accept the change. Such a progressive outlook will not only help you in the field but also in life in general.