The SISU Sports Mouthguards are produced by Akervall Technologies Inc which is known to be one of Inc. 5000`s fastest-growing companies.
Akervall Technologies Inc or short ATI is focused on revolutionizing the mouthguard industry by creating the most comfortable and strongest mouthguards in the world. This company is always trying to improve its products, customer service, marketing, materials, and technologies used to create mouthguards.
Even though they are sold to anyone that practices sports that require a mouthguard, they are always created with the professional athlete in mind. For that SISU is using unique features that set them apart from its competitors.
Non-compressible thermopolymer that is only 1.6 mm thin. These mouthguards can really withstand an impact.
Diffusix™ Technology will deflect any force of impact away from your teeth and into the Crumple Zones that are designed to absorb those forces.
Perforations allow athletes to talk and breathe and stay hydrated.
People that have braces are not forgotten by SISU, because of the flexible material used to create these mouthguards they will feel comfortable enough to use them.
With a company that is this interested in creating an amazing product, you can understand why you will find the Sisu Aero Mouthguard listed as a best seller on different marketplaces online.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thank you!
Sisu Aero Mouthguard Review
The main feature of the Sisu Aero Mouthguard is the fact that is 50% thinner compared to its competitors. At only 1.6mm you can almost forget that you even have this mouthguard on during the game. Another advantage is the remoldable and quick fit.
This mouthguard is best used for:
- Roller derby,
- Some people use it as a nighttime mouthguard (bruxism)
Sisu Aero Mouthguard Features
The mouthguard was designed so that it can absorb impact forces from contact sports like boxing, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, hockey, football, lacrosse, and more. The perforations and crumpled zone allow the force to be better distributed and will not reflect on your teeth or jaw.
Being able to breathe properly is always an advantage when you are playing a fast-paced game. It allows you to perform better than your opponents. Sisu Aero is great when it comes to breathing, talking, and staying hydrated.
Another important feature is the fact that it is a thin mouthguard. 1.6 mm is enough to offer great protection and to make you forget that you use a mouthguard.
If you think you don`t know how to mold a mouthguard or have never done it, you can rest assured because this product can revert to its original shape multiple times.
Sisu Aero Nextgen is also providing a premium dental warranty for kids (11+) and adults.
Read: SISU Aero vs SISU Max
Pros and Cons of using the Sisu Aero Mouthguard
- The molding process is very easy and if you do it wrong you can try again. Because the mouthguard is thinner than the standard products available on the market and the materials used, you can remold it multiple times.
- People that are sensitive and get the gag reflex reported that they can use this mouthguard without any problems compared to other mouthguards. The reason for that could be the thin size.
- It is very comfortable and you will forget that you even have it. With this mouthguard, you can talk like a normal human being, breathe and drink water from a bottle easily while offering solid protection. Being able to talk is very important in team sports like lacrosse.
- Available in a wide variety of colors that suit your style (white, black, electric blue, forest green, purple punch) and work with braces.
- It might be a little tricky to mold it the first time. If it does not fit the first time you can try again.
- Not suitable for contact sports that might have high force impacts. Sports like MMA are not safe with this mouthguard. You can use Sisu Max for that.
When you receive your Sisu mouthguard you will see something that you don`t expect. The mouthguard is completely flat (boomerang shape). Sisu does this for all of its products.
In the package, you will also receive the instructions. Read them and you will find out how to heat and mold this mouthguard.
Here things are a little bit different compared to boil and bite mouthguards. For this particular product, you have to be a little bit more delicate. Line up your teeth and the bite pad using mostly your fingers and some suction.
If you want to see the entire process explained by a professional you can watch this video:
Don`t be discouraged if you make a mistake the first time you try. This product can take several molding tries.
Conclusion of SISU Aero Mouthguard Review
If you feel like you hate mouthguards that are bulky but you don`t want to give up your favorite sport then this thin mouthguard is exactly what you are looking for.
You can drink, talk and breathe like a normal person while wearing this mouthguard.
It provides great overall protection at a decent price and many features that will make your life easier.
Another thing that not many people talk about is the fact that there are no bad chemicals in this product.
Thank you for taking the time to read our SISU Aero Mouthguard Review!