Note: All links in this article are affiliate links.
Sports mouthguards are an essential piece of equipment when it comes to combat sports such as boxing, karate, and other related training and competitions.
Using a sports mouthguard has many benefits. Without a suitable mouthguard, you have a high risk of facing various complications that range from teeth breaks to a concussion. In this write-up, we provide a short review of two products, namely, Venum Predator and Venum Challenger, intending to see which one is better.
How do Mouthguards Work?
It is essential first to have some basic understanding of how a mouthguard works before moving further. As such, we provide a brief outline of the functions of mouthguards.
The most targeted body parts in a combat sport are the jaw, teeth, and neck. During a hit, the impact sends a high shock wave from the hit region to the rest of the skull.
Direct effects on any part of the head can cause severe problems such as jaw fractures, bruise gums, and crushed teeth. In some case, an impact to the head can also result in a concussion, which is a mild brain injury. It is where the importance of using a mouth guard comes in handy.
Designed to absorb shock, mouth guards absorb the impact and evenly disturb it throughout a larger area. Spreading the impact of the force will significantly reduce the impact on a particular region. It will further decrease the number of damages or injuries. The exterior cushion of the mouth guards will reduce the collision between the upper jaw and the lower jaw.
Without the mouth guards, the collision can cause the teeth to fracture. In other words, a mouth guard not only protects your teeth, but it also avoids jaw fractures and reduces the risk of getting a concussion. As such, mouth guards are an essential kit when it comes to combat sports.
Venum Predator vs Challenger Mouthguard
The following comparison table provides a quick reference for people who do not have the luxury of going through the entire review:
|Venum Predator||Boil and Bite||Easy to mold, stable shock absorption, and comfortable to wear|
|Venum Challenger||Boil and Bite||Easy to adjust, molds really well, excellent shock absorption, and very comfortable|
A Short Review of Venum Predator
Venum Predator is a mouth guard that comes with a perfect combination of flexibility, fit, and high absorption. This product, with its dual-core design, absorbs a large amount of shock and evenly distribute throughout the body, thereby providing significant impact management. It means that you will be able to perform better for an extended time.
The Venum Predator is also easy to mold on your teeth as it comes with an excellent shape. Besides, it provides sufficient room for breathing.
Features of Venum Predator
- Custom Fit: Wearing an uncomfortable mouthguard is unsafe as not wearing it. There are many risks of using a mouth guard that does not fit properly, such as higher tension on the teeth or snapping a tooth. However, these problems are not a concern for this product. To ensure significant comfort and adjustment, the Venum Predator uses a soft gel inside. This gel allows you to adjust the mouthguard until it fits properly.
- Optimal Protection: The Venum Predator has multiple layers of material. The outer layer is rubber with an intermediate coating, while the inner material consists of a soft gel frame. These improve impact dispersion, thereby providing optimal protection.
- Advanced Breathing Channel: This mouthguard also comes with an advanced feature that allows breathing during competitions or training.
- High Durability: The material of this mouthguard can withstand for more extended durability.
Pros and Cons
- The Venum Predator provides greater shock absorption.
- It allows for optimum breathing during competition or training.
- Ultimate protection.
- It comes with a gel frame.
- It is durable.
- Worth for money.
- This mouth guard is quite thick.
- It is available only in one size.
A Short Review of Venum Challenger
Intense training requires exceptional protection, and the Venum Challenger meets this requirement. It comes with improved features to ensure maximum protection and safety.
This mouth guard has a gel-padded interior to ensure significant comfort and better adjustment. The Venum Challenger, with its high-density rubber frame, provides substantial impact absorption. To guarantee better hygiene, it comes with a protective case. Besides, it allows you to breathe and speak without any difficulties while wearing it.
Features of Venum Challenger
- High-Density Rubber: This feature allows in absorbing substantial impact, thereby offering more protection.
- Gel Mold: Wearing unfit mouth guard can cause various complications such as teeth pain or bruise gums. The good news is that the Venum Challenger solves these problems by using a gel-padded interior.
- Optimal Breathing: Another essential feature of the Venum Challenger is breathability, which is essential to prevent quick tiring.
- Protective Case: This mouthguard comes with a protective case in which you can store the product when you are not using it. It reduces the building of bacteria and other related unhygienic.
Pros and Cons
- It comes with a high-quality protective case.
- It is comfortable and easy to maintain.
- It offers excellent shock absorption.
- The gum shield of this mouthguard is small.
- Not flexible.
Final Thoughts Venum Predator vs Challenger
To sum up, it is worth noting that both the mouthguards have their merits and demerits. As such, deciding the best one between these products will be highly subjective as the preference and requirement will differ from one person to another.
Nevertheless, based on the overall features and utilities, we would recommend the Venum Challenger for the following reasons. The Venum Challenger comes with a protective case to ensure better hygiene, and it has a dual guard. The Venum Predator, with its extra middle layer, is quick thick. Besides, the Venum Challenger is cheaper, but the amount you pay for it nothing compared to its essential features.
Thank you for reading our article on Venum Predator vs Challenger!